If you need to map a network drive, have a “Shared/Network Drive” in your “My Computer” window.
- Open your start menu, and click on Computer.
- This opens a window listing the physical drives, network drives and portable drives attached to your computer.
- Click on the button on the menu bar near the upper right portion of the window that says Map Network Drive.
- This opens a small window where you will provide details of the drive to be mapped.
- Select a drive letter from the pull-down menu.
- This will be the letter of your mapped drive when you are done. Only letters not previously allocated are available for selection.
- Type the address of the network drive you wish to map in the space provided. (ex: \\servername\foldername)
- If you are unsure what you should put here, please contact us for further assistance.
- Select whether you wish the drive to be mapped automatically each time you log onto Windows, and check or uncheck the box accordingly.
- Click Finish at the bottom of the window.
- The drive will now appear in your Computer window and be available for use with the drive letter you chose.
If you have further questions, please don't hesistate to contact us at 859-818-0000 opt 1